If you are considering purchasing a bike rack, there are seven functions that you need to ensure it can do well; failing to do so will almost certainly result in complications for you. And the complications that might arise with a bike rack can vary from being an annoyance to causing a terrible accident.
Nasties: A few bike rack problems:
- Installing it takes up too much time.
- Takes too long to load bikes
- Broken spokes on the bikes
- Auto with scratches
- Abandoned bicycles
- Theft of bicycles from rack
- The bike rack was stolen off of the automobile.
- Accidents on the road are often caused by bikes that have fallen off.
- I am certain that this list is sufficient motivation to learn the seven things that a bike rack has to be able to accomplish well in order to prevent being susceptible to any of these or any other bike rack issues.
7 Things A Bike Rack Must Do Well
- Installation and attachment to your car is simple and can be done quickly.
- The rack’s connection mechanism must securely fasten to your car with no wiggle room at all, and there must be no movement at all.
- Quick and simple loading and unloading of bicycles into the rack, which eliminates the possibility of errors and saves time.
- Technology for loading bicycles that is well developed and implemented into the bike rack so that it can easily accommodate a broad range of bicycle frame shapes and sizes.
- Locking system that is safe, robust, and secure with two locks to protect criminals from stealing your bikes and the bike rack
- Excellent design that protects both your loaded bicycles and your vehicle from being damaged by the bike rack and your bicycles.
- Technology that is tried and true, such as anti-wobble, anti-sway, and anti-vibration systems, as well as other elements that combat road vibrations
As long as a bike rack is capable of doing these seven tasks well, you can be certain that you will enjoy many years of hassle-free transporting of your bicycles without the need to make any adjustments. The good news is that you probably won’t even notice your bike rack since most of the time, a bike rack is only observed when it is creating issues.
We have developed a test called “The Bike Rack Test” to assist you in finding the bike rack that is most suitable for your needs, both now and in the future. The procedure has been simplified into an easy-to-follow step-by-step technique, which has eliminated both complexity and doubt. Find out how to accomplish that by following the link in the previous sentence.