The Yakima SpareTime 2-Bike spare tire bike rack is an effective spare tire mount bike rack that makes transporting your bicycles simple and trouble-free. It can carry two bicycles at once.
This is a high-quality rack that can be mounted securely onto your spare tire by means of a robust steel plate, which also ensures the rack’s continued steadiness and protection when being transported.
Carrying your bicycles while using an SKS lock and anti-sway cradles provides you with a safe and secure method.
The rack can hold up to two bicycles and is designed to be used on automobiles that have a spare tire attached in the trunk.
The rack is made of sturdy, coated steel, which gives it a tough appearance and ensures its longevity. Additionally, it is quite simple to set up.
Mounting it on centered or off-centered tires is possible thanks to the universal mount plate and extension that come included with the Yakima SpareTime. These features make it possible for the carrier to be fitted onto any lug pattern. Although, according to the experiences of one customer, there have been a few problems with the 5 hole lug patterns.
Because of the rubberized anti-sway cradles, there is no touch between the bike rack and the bodywork of the vehicle, and there is also no contact between the bikes themselves thanks to this configuration of the bike rack.
For a more comfortable parking experience, the arms may be quickly and conveniently folded down and out of the way.
Both security and stability can be achieved through the following two factors:
(1) the locking wire, which is responsible for securing your bicycles to the rack; (2) the lockable mounting knob, which is responsible for providing the rack with enhanced stability and securing it to the back of the vehicle.
After a strenuous ride, you’ll be glad to have a refreshing drink thanks to the rack, which features a bottle opener at the end of each carry arm.
Because of the anti-sway cradles and the steel mounting plate, your bicycles will be securely mounted even while you are traveling down the road.
With the help of a sturdy adapter plate, the mounting plate of the Sparetime rack may be fastened to the bolts that are already present on your spare tire. Due to the fact that the adapter plate comes with two extensions, you can even put it on a spare tire that is significantly wider.
Road vibration issues are eliminated thanks to the sturdy rubber straps and the anti-sway features integrated into the SwitchBlade cradles, which offer safe transit.
A sufficient gap is kept between the two laden bicycles in order to prevent the bikes from coming into touch with one another or with the transport truck, which would result in damage.
The rack is equipped with high-quality, sturdy dual carry arms, which not only assure the rack’s stability but also enable a wide variety of bicycles to be loaded and transported.
When you aren’t using the rack, the support arms may be folded down out of the way or even removed entirely to save space. You will be able to detach the arms by just turning a knob, and then put them away in a secure manner in either your car’s trunk or garage.
By turning the central mast knob clockwise, you can ensure that the Sparetime is mounted securely onto your spare tire.
The Same Key Locking System that is included into this central mast knob offers a high level of protection. Altering the SKS cores allows you to use the same key on all of your locks, if that is something you would like to do.
The following are some of the features of the Yakima Spare Time 2 Bike Spare Tire Bike Rack:
- Excellent rack that can accommodate two bicycles.
- It is compatible with a wide variety of wheel bolt designs, however it cannot be installed on spare tires that have a 6-hole bolt pattern or a hole diameter that is bigger than 5 12 inches.
- It is now possible to put wide tires thanks to the two extensions that are included in the package.
- In addition, installing the wheel is a simple and quick process, regardless of whether the tire is centered or off-center.
- Excellent bike stability, which is assured by the SwitchBlade anti-sway system. This system protects the bikes while they are being transported by preventing bikes from coming into contact with one another.
- Strong rubber straps, which offer even more stability to your bicycles when you ride down the road, are responsible for providing the additional protection that is offered.
- The twin arms are able to handle most bicycles safely, regardless of the frames they are constructed with. However, in order to support some bicycle frames, a cross-bar adaptor may be necessary. This adaptor must be purchased separately.
- In order to provide even greater ease of use, the rack’s arms can be collapsed or even entirely removed when it is not in use, giving it an extremely versatile design.
- The rack comes with not one but two bottle openers.
- Simple installation is achieved by turning a hand knob while holding it against the tire hub.
- The dimension of the center mast is thirteen sixteenths of an inch square.
- A SKS locking system is used to secure the rack to the tire hub so it cannot be removed.
- Construction that is both sturdy and durable, using coated steel.
- Setup that is both simple and speedy.
Take note that the rack is not intended to be used on motor homes or recreational vehicles (RVs).
A limited lifetime warranty is provided by the manufacturer. This warranty is only valid for the original purchaser and cannot be sold or given to another person.
Bike Rack Specifications for the Yakima SpareTime 2 Bike Spare Tire Bike Rack
Weight of the rack when fully extended is 20.2 pounds.
The dimensions of the rack are as follows: 30.5″ high, 13.75″ wide, and 18″ deep (with arms extended)
Two bicycles, each weighing 35 pounds, can be transported at once.
Information on how to fit a bike rack:
It is compatible with spare tire diameters ranging from P195 to P318 (12.5″). It is not compatible with a spare tire mount that has a 6-hole or 8-hole bolt pattern or that has a hole-pattern diameter that is greater than 5.5 inches.
😍 These are some top-seller items for Cyclists. Click images & check them out! ✅
🥰 This Road Cycling Scape is comfortable to wear for a long time without numbness or hotspots. The carbon material helps with the forward motion when cycling. If you want performance and comfort, this is the cycling shoes for you! Click the available sizes.
🥰 This Lightweight Cycling Helmet protects your skull with the roll cage that adds extra strength and reduces rotation from angled impacts. It is comfortable to wear and adjust the helmet for a perfect personal fit. The straps have a soft feel and easy adjustment too. Click to see reviews before making your decision.
🥰 This B17 Bike Saddle provides you comfort in a long ride and easy thigh movement. The pores of the vegetable-tanned leather work as natural ventilation, keeping you cool while cycling. Check out their different color options.
🥰 These GatorSkin Bike Tires last long for about two years with great puncture resistance. It is easy to install with not much effort. This product comes with 2 foldable bicycle tires and 2 valve conti-tubes. Check out their different sizes.
🥰 This Cycling Free Aero Race is super comfortable for aerodynamics and WorldTour races with their careful choice of fabrics and other materials. It is soft on the skin and easy to move without any pain during a long ride. The size may feel tight at first but it becomes a comfortable fit once you wear them. Click the reviews to see if you need them too.
🥰 This Pedal Tour Rack stays secure even with heavy belongings on top. The rubberized grips stop the rack from sliding, keeping it stable. You can easily remove and add the rack. Check out the reviews to see what others say about this product.